Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Birthday card blues

Has anyone ever made the mistake of breaking up with someone? Well I did once in my life. While sitting in front of my computer the other night. I heard a Celine Dion song. It just so happens that she was the one person who could understand and have deep thought enough in her songs to relate to our relationship. We used to sing her songs so loud and long that it would make us horse. We would go out and have dinner or shop at the local store and hear her songs on the speaker. As we walked we would sing as loud as we could. Almost like proclaiming our joy of being together and to show everyone around us how happy we were.

Well like most people life interuped our total happiness. And the floor fell out from under us. The pain was so that we couldn't even talk for two years.

After hearing one of our songs I decided that I would send her a card and say hi. It just so happens that it was near her birthday so I thought that hey I would be different and send her a birthday card every day for a week, and then an extra special one on the very day.

Let me tell you that it's not always a good idea to be nice. Nice can be turned around to become such an ugly thing. Nice can be told to go f..k yourself. Can be thrown back to be so black that you can't see light any more.

The moral of the story don't try and be nice it dosn't make the other person feel better. Only more bitter, dredge up more bad thoughts and hurt. I guess we should learn from our mistakes but sometimes I guess we should try and forget the pain and just see the thought of giving.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home